Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rome Wasn't Built in A Day







I don't mean to show off or anything, just want to share you some of the things that I inspired from my journey to Rome last weekend. While we driving on a sightseeing tour in Rome with my friend, her car suddenly played this song "Rome wasn't built in a day…" Indeed, its true that here I tried to recall my memories on the ancient Rome history that I studied maybe since junior high. This is the city that has been there for thousands years, even before Christ, even before people now how to count days, month and years. And if you see Rome now, you would see how the ancient and modern civilization goes hand in hand. It’s amazing to witness what was left from those peoples of hundreds or thousands years ago. Some of them are still there, even can be utilized, like the big Pantheon that now used as church, like some other old basilicas that used to be the temple to worship ancient God and Goddess.

And as Rome wasn't built in a day, so does everything in our life. We could not expect instant result on anything that we are fighting for. The whole life itself is an ongoing process. Be sure to do the best on everything you are fighting for, and wait for the very moment when the result come out in a perfect time…and in the meantime, just enjoy the process and take the best out of everything. And even though at the end the result is not as you would expect it to be, hope you can be grateful that you have been benefited from the process, in a way or another. And one inspiring words that I used to send to motivate my friends: "Allah answer prayers in three ways, Allah could say YES and gives what you asked, Allah could say NO and give you something better, or Allah could say LATER and gives you what you asked in an appropriate time in the future".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exceptional post however , I was wondering if
you could write a litte more on this subject?
I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!
My page > drunk teens